Sunday 29 January 2012

One half short of a full moon

An introduction to Holly Are.


I like the smell of books, socks with daft patterns on them, big knitted jumpers, Converse, satchels, getting post, the smell of baking gingerbread, cooking rice and eating it out of the pan whilst sat on my kitchen counter when I'm home alone, and tea. Lots and lots of tea. With biscuits - caramel chocolate digestives are divine. 


As I said yesterday in Greetings, although I hope that this blog will become our own little contribution to the multi-billion pound fashion industry, I am not sure that my "style" fully qualifies me to discuss such matters with you, but I shall endeavour on in the hope that you at least appreciate my effort.


Since this is a fashion blog, I promise! I thought I should at least share with you the people who's style I admire (yes, I am just copying Hannah here, I wanted to do a collage of all the clothes and things which inspire me, but then I realised that I ran out of Pritt Stick in Science on Friday, boo.)


Ivy from 90210 - Gillian Amalia Zinser




Her style on set is just the pinnacle of  everything laid-back, she strolls around with unbrushed hair and cool T-Shirts with shorts or jeans, and maybe a pair of sunglasses or a trilby hat to go with it - the show is set in Beverley Hills, after all. It's the way that she doesn't really care about her appearance that makes her so cool and have such great style. She used a checked shirt as a cover-up on the beach during one episode in season 2 - a tip that I will most definitely be trying out once I get the opportunity!


Agyness Deyn




Okay, so I know she's not exactly a red-hot face of fashion any more, but to me she is still pretty cool, again because her style is just so laid back and thrown together. I adore festival fashion, a trend that is just so unique and relaxed, and she manages to send out that feeling all year round. Also, her hair is just so brilliant - I wish that I had a cute pixie face and therefore could also pull off a platinum blonde pixie crop like she does. And she was discovered as a model while she was working in a chippy - I like that.


Alexa Chung




Quite a cliche, I know, but she's a Brit girl and she also has really cool hair that I wish I could emulate. She just throws things together (including high-heels, which I love but never have a place to wear them to) and simply looks awesome. Sometimes, as all style icons do, she gets it wrong and I think "What the Hell" but with my love of Peter Pan collars (that I'm yet to purchase) how could I not love Alexa?


So there you are, I hope you've enjoyed this post, and I shall see you next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment