Friday 17 August 2012

Eyeliner Tattoos



That title may not seem as if it explains much about this post, but in fact that's about all there is to it. My cousin, Sally, rather likes the idea of having a white dandelion tattoo'd on her foot, or possibly on the back of her neck. Since I took Art at GCSE, she seems to think that I can draw (I'm actually pretty shite) and so I was roped in to do her a temporary tattoo in henna of said dandelion.

When I got to Sally's house, she then realised that she was supposed to leave the henna overnight, and add eucalyptus oil, but we proceeded nonetheless, and I sketched out something of a stencil for myself in liquid eyeliner.



Since Sally is an avid wearer of flip-flops, I had her wear them whilst I did the sketch so that it wasn't half-covered by the straps. 
She posted it on Facebook, where my aunty said that she'd buy some henna and let me do her a tattoo (I may have to start charging for my services!) 

In the end, however, Sally thought it best to make up the henna properly so that there was less chance of things going wrong - henna does last for six weeks so you don't want to mess it up!

That was my Thursday night, how was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment