Sunday 12 August 2012

If you've been wondering where I've been (although I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't) I've been on holiday for the past two weeks with my parents, I know, how cool am I?
It was a pretty good holiday overall, the weather was great, the places were lovely and I found out that Greggs still do sweet chilli chicken sandwiches.


Awesome shoe shop in Durham that sold Dr Martens, Havianas, Vans, Converse and Creepers - like an independent version of Schuh.


I'm somewhat tempted to apply to Durham university just so I can go into that library - how pretty is that stone work?


There were loads of bridges across Durham...


See what I mean?


We also went to Beamish, it's basically a load of farmland that's been built on to look like a 19th century town, sounds lame, but it wasn't so bad.



In the back room of the sweet shop, you saw all the sweets being made and got free samples, yum!



We passed the Angel of the North on our way to Northumberland - I don't really like it but sometimes you feel obliged to take photos of such touristy things, don't you?


Bamburgh Castle...



A beautiful bit of beach about half a mile away from where we stayed...


The most relaxed caravan site ever; this is not where we stayed.


This is my dog, Rio. She's a three-year-old Jack Russell but everyone thinks she's a puppy and occasionally gets mistaken for a Daschund. She doesn't pose for the camera so this is about as good as it's ever going to get.


I had about three sips of this Slush before pouring it all down me...


A pretty impressive wooden carving in Knaresborough, near Harrogate.

It's good to be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment