Wednesday 17 July 2013

Summer

With breaking up from school last week, my summer has officially begun and this makes me happy. Summer just makes everything better, even the simplest things are ten times more enjoyable in nice weather (apart from working, working in hot weather sucks) 

Did I tell you all that I have a job now? It's only potwashing in a coffee shop, but a job is a job and having my own money (however little) is absolutely lovely. I have taken advantage of payday and have ordered myself a pair of shoes from Boohoo.com - I love waiting for things to arrive in the post, and hopefully they will be here by the weekend!

I've just finished reading The Handmaid's Tale on recommendation from a friend who is reading it in her Lit class. I'm not usually a fan of books that I feel I'm supposed to like because they're on an English specifications, but this book is completely different. It was written in the eighties so I could actually understand what everyone was saying and what was happening, which is always a bonus. It was a really good book but I don't want to give too much away, if you want to find out more, look it up on Amazon here

Over the summer I'm hoping to go to a little festival in a local city - that's happening this weekend, provided I don't get called into work, so me and Hannah will probably be posting about our adventures. 

I'm going on holiday soon aswell, only in England with my parents, but we're spending a couple of nights in Durham as part of the holiday, Durham is a gorgeous city and I wish I was clever enough to attend the university next September. The shopping in Durham is also really good, with loads of cool shops. 

When I get back from holiday it's results day, which I'm really dreading, but I'm taking comfort in the fact that the only thing resting on these results is if I can carry on with my A2 exams or not, the pressure will be on next year when my results will determine if I can go to uni.

I must apologise for the millionth time about our lack of posting lately, hopefully the summer will inspire us to write more as we have more to write about, who doesn't love summer fashion, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment