Tuesday 23 July 2013

House Party Fashion

House party


Lipsy floral dress
lipsy.co.uk


Topshop leather jacket
£65 - topshop.com


Zara shoes
£33 - zara.com


Blue Nile infinity bracelet
£46 - bluenile.com


Dolce Gabbana liquid eyeliner
£22 - sephora.com


Topshop
topshop.com





House parties can be a bit of a mine field when it comes to what to wear - when you hear party, you think of dressing up, but then you hear house, which calls for something more casual. I usually go for a blend of casual and dressy, because if you don't know everyone who's going to be there, there isn't much opportunity to discuss outfit choices, and nobody likes to show up to a party feeling under or overdressed.

In this look I've gone for a simple summery dress, then toughened it up with a leather jacket. Sandals are a good option for a house party, because they're easy to slip on and off if the host asks you not to wear shoes indoors, but they mean you can be up dancing all night and are far less likely to stumble after a few drinks. Keep jewellery to a minimum and don't wear anything that you'd be distraught to lose (I've spent many a morning-after-the-night-before looking for some girl's Pandora bracelet that she lost after her sixth vodka Red Bull)

I never feel "ready" unless I've painted my nails, and as a bit of a traditionalist, I like my nails to co-ordinate with my outfit if I'm going out. Lastly, a flick of liquid eyeliner and some loose waves never look out of place.


No comments:

Post a Comment