Saturday 24 August 2013

Deep-dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One

I just wanted to share this absolute delight I found on Tumblr with you all

Deep-Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
 
 Ingredients (1 serving):
  • 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 Tbsp unrefined granulated sugar, such as evaporated cane juice
  • 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp beaten egg, preferably organic (cover & chill remaining beaten egg for tomorrow’s cookie cup… you will be making another one!)
  • tiny splash pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (can substitute with 3:1 of cake flour and all purpose flour)
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • tiny pinch salt
  • heaping 1 Tbsp grain-sweetened chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
Instructions
In a small ramekin or microwavable cup, combine softened butter and both sugars; stir well with a spoon. Stir in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Microwave on high for 35-40 seconds. Let cookie rest at room temperature for about 10 seconds before devouring.
Nutritional Information:
253.2 calories, 13.8 grams fat, 8.4 grams saturated fat, 2.9 grams fiber, 17.5 grams sugars, 2.4 grams protein

Since I think I'm going to be single within the next 12-24 hours, I think this will be the ideal pick-me-up. Wahay. 

2 comments:

  1. oh my goddd this looks so good. I wish my mum would let me bake (she's really overprotective about me using her kitchen to do anything) I want to try this. :( I hope everything is okay!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum lets me bake, but I also have to clean up after and icing sugar dust gets everywhere! But it's all contained in a neat little ramekin?! And thankyou, I hope so too! x

      Delete