As we have both recently got out of considerably long-term relationships, we've decided to revel in the fact that we are once again single, and are determined not to let it get us down.
Top 20 things you can only do when you're single
- Not shave your legs in winter
- Not have to text one person all the time
- Not have to sit with them at friends' parties
- Not having to make awkward conversation with their families
- Not have to worry about what to buy him for birthdays, Christmas etc. boys are so hard to buy for!
- Have absolutely no feelings of guilt when going out with friends
- Be able to flirt with guy friends
- Watch any film you want
- Be able to post selfies without feeling guilty
- Be able to go all-out on celebrity crushes
- No longer having to worry about matching underwear
- Change appearance drastically
- Do girly things eg. nails and shopping and that
- Being able to plan your future around yourself
- Have the first stage of a relationship again
- Being able to look around when you're out and "window shop"
- Getting excited to go somewhere new and meet new people
- Being able to like other boys' profile photos
- Being able to go out with just guy friends and not feeling weird and guilty
- Feeling like you can fall in love again
Obviously the end of a relationship is not the best of times, but as with everything in life you have to make the most of what you've been given and that is what we intend to do.