Sunday 24 March 2013

Prom




We got our invitations to the prom on Thursday and I'm in two minds whether to go or not. I'm not exactly popular at school so I won't have many people to talk to and the venue is about an hour's drive away, and I won't be old enough to drink but loads of people will be and if I have to look after anyone who's in a state I won't be happy.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed prom last year - especially when we were all jumping around to Chelsea Dagger - my feet still hurt the next afternoon.

Also, there is a gorgeous dress from Coast that would be perfect, as apparently this year's prom is a little more low-key so the dresses are more casual.

DAYMEE DRESSDAYMEE DRESS

Although the dress is expensive, I can wear last year's shoes and use last year's bag which will save a lot of money, and we won't be getting a fancy car there which would be one less expense. 

As the venue is quite far away a lot of people are talking about staying in a local Travel Lodge which is a tempting idea, then I could just get the train home the next morning.

It isn't until July though so there's plenty of time to decide and talk Mum into buying me that dress.

2 comments:

  1. that dress is gorgeous! wish we did prom at our college :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yes, prom is one of the few perks of going to a sixth form - I still wish I'd gone to college though, it's so much more grown-up! xx

      Delete