I was inspired by my favourite cupcake shop Fancie - who've been selling out of the little gems for a few days now. However, Fancie charges around £3 per cupcake and I do not have that sort of money for a cupcake, no matter how utterly beautiful they taste!
The method I used was about as simple as it gets, and made me around 10 cupcakes.
For the cake:
- 4oz margarine
- 4oz caster sugar
- 3oz self-raising flour
- 1oz cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10 frozen mini Cadbury creme eggs
For the icing:
- 3oz butter
- 6oz icing sugar
- 1tbsp water
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5, line cupcake tray with 10 cases.
- Mix margarine and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, sieve flour and cocoa together.
- Add one egg and a spoon of flour and cocoa to the margarine and sugar, mix.
- Add next egg and a spoon of flour and cocoa to the margarine and sugar, mix.
- Fold in the rest of the flour and cocoa.
- Half fill the case with mixture.
- Put one mini Cadbury creme egg into the case.
- Top up the case with mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- To make icing, mix butter, sugar and water together until smooth, then pipe on to the cupcakes.
Probably not as good as Fancie, but not half bad!