Monday 9 April 2012

(The) Hunger Games

The first book of the series, The Hunger Games, was first published in 2008, and since then it's grown in success, especially with the release of the movie of the first book, now it's pretty much a full-blown phenomenon.





There are three books in the series: The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay.
The books are currently "Buy one get one half price" from Waterstones, so I bought the first two books in the series, and I'm already over half way through the first book. Hopefully, the film will still be showing in cinemas after I've finished the book - I like to read the book before watching the movie. But I'm a firm believer that the book is always better. For some reason, film directors like to change things from the book for no apparent reason whatsoever, and this annoys me especially when they then go to great efforts to make other parts of the film as close to the book as possible.
                                                   
As I said, I'm only half way through the book, so no spoiling it for me! 


If any of you have been living in a cave for the past month and haven't heard of The Hunger Games, then you should seriously consider going to the cinema, library or bookshop and give it a look. I'll be honest, a futuristic fight-to-the-death isn't usually my kind of thing, but I'm genuinely enjoying it and highly recommend it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment