Tuesday 17 April 2012

Oasis

I know that they split up three years ago, but frankly, I don't care. I still think they're an amazing band. 


I think one of the things that I respect so much about them is that they released seven studio albums over the span of fourteen years. I respect this so much because they didn't rely on their looks to sell them records as so many artists do, they just wrote amazing songs and that was enough to make them one of the biggest bands in the world. They even managed to crack America, big time, and according to my media teacher, it's more difficult for British acts to break America than it is for American acts to be successful in the UK - I'm not entirely sure why, but this makes them even better in my opinion.


I sound like a real music snob, don't I? I'm really, really not. Honest.


I just like their songs, the lyrics (usually!) mean something, and they have proper music - violins feature heavily on the introduction to The Masterplan - it's not all just thrown together on Garageband.


Also, though this will make me sound incredibly soppy, Oasis is actually what brought me and my boyfriend together. Hannah (of Doubleyou fame) used to be utterly obsessed with Oasis, and would regularly talk to me and my boyfriend about them. Because they were chatting so much, he came out with us lot to the park, we had a bit of a chat, one thing led to another and we got together.
So thankyou, Oasis, and ofcourse, Hannah Doubleyou.


I first listened to them back in 2006, when Dad received their Stop the Clocks compilation album for Christmas. At first, I only had Wonderwall and The Importance of Being Idle on my iPod. But last Easter when (under the influence of Hannah) I started to listen to them more and more, I've ended up with Stop the Clocks, Time Flies and the single She's Electric on my iPod. I will get all their albums one day, I hope.





2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed their music too. Especially wonderwall.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favourite is The Masterplan.
      I'll be sure to check your blog out!
      Holly Are x

      Delete