First of all, here is the starting point, to show before and after, no make-up;
Let us begin :p
1. The first stage is to make sure there is no old makeup on your eye or eyelashes as this is both unhealthy and can make the eye look smaller.
2. The second stage is to sweep white or cream eyeshadow over the lid, this makes it look brighter and more open.
3. The third stage is to apply a soft brown colour close to the upper lash line and lower lash line and smudging it so that it is not dramatic but just adds shadow, again giving the illusion of a bigger and brighter eye, you can also smudge brown on the socket line as this again makes shadow.
4. The fourth stage is to use a dark eyeliner of some sort, pencil or liquid, and to apply it just over a third of the way in on the upper lash line, this gives the illusion of both thicker eyelashes and a rounder, bigger eye. To make it look more natural, you can smudge the liner.
5. The fifth and final step is to apply mascara to your eyelashes. Using elongating mascara makes the eye look more open and alert, you should try and get every single eyelash, including the ones right on the side. On the lower lash, only thinly coat the eyelashes, as very dark colour under the eye can close it up.
And there you have it! Obviously, do the other eye before you go anywhere though :p unless you want to start a new trend!
To do this I used this make-up;
- The purple tubed mascara is No7 Extreme Length
- The green tubed mascara is No7 Exceptional Definition
- The eyeliner is No7 Stay Perfect
- The eyeshadow is again a No7 one (I don't know what it's called)
The reason I have used all No7 products is because I have received two gift sets with their stuff in them over the past two years, and I really like their stuff, I'm sure any brand of make-up would still achieve the desired effect.
I used the bottom left and bottom right colours;
See, how much better do I look now, WORK IT.
Thanks for reading!