Saturday 5 January 2013

Liebster award - discover new blogs!

Amy at Blank Bones VERY kindly gave us this award, but this award comes with rules:


  • The award is for bloggers with less than 400 followers
  • The nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them
  • If you are nominated write 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions written by the blogger who nominated you
  • Make up 11 new questions to be answered and nominate 11 other bloggers!

Here goes!

1. Why did you start a blog?
Me and Holly started a blog as we loved reading Company magazine, and we had individual blogs, one day we just decided we were gonna create our own joint one (although Holly does most of the hard work) and we called it Moonkissed because it's a word we made up last Summer to describe our less than tanned legs.
When I'm older, I want to be a writer - either as a journalist or novelist, and thought that this would give me some practise - plus the stuff that Hannah said.

2. What are you listening to right now?
Right now, I'm listening to Mutt by Blink-182 on my iPod :)
Dust Bowl Dance by Mumford and Sons 

3.What do you think of social networking websites? Do you use them?
I don't like some of them, I deleted Facebook because it was taking over my life and I didn't use it for any useful reason, I was also getting fed up of seeing the boobs, bums and tums of minors and 'like this and I'll rate you out of 10', what's that all about? I think Tumblr and Blogger are really good though, I love writing and reading posts and seeing really cool stuff that interests me, and I don't mind Twitter as you don't give too much away, and I really like seeing what bands and band members are doing and knowing about album releases and stuff.
Facebook is alright - mostly to laugh at other people, but it's nice being able to inbox a whole group of friends when trying to organise something. I like Twitter, but the generic tweets from the Twitter famous annoy me, and I don't like the whole "retweet this and gain fifty followers" shit. Tumblr is cool, but can be a bit scary sometimes! I like Blogger, but I think that it is the hardest site to find new people on. 

4. Do you believe in karma? Why or why not?
I do believe in karma, I think what goes around comes around, and if you do something bad, you should try and make up for it, I also think that if someone is mean to you, that you don't always need to retaliate as I feel like something will come back and bite them in the ass someday :p
I do, or atleast I like the idea of it. Good people should have good things happen to them, however it isn't always the case.

5. Is there anything you really regret doing this past year?
I think I kinda regret going to sixth form, but I don't know if I regret it or just don't like going to school, there are a few things I did regret, but I've got over them now, I'm more of a worrier than a regretter :p
Going to sixth form, see School Sucks.

6. What item of clothing have you recently bought?
The most recent item of clothing I bought was a green velvet dress from a charity shop, it's like a size 22 but isn't really that big at all, it's a maxi dress and I'm going to use the fabric to make a shorter dress and a skirt. When I say I, I mean my mum as I'm not all that sewing savvy.
I bought a pair of American flag shorts the other day, and today Mum bought me two pairs of jeans (though one I bought using a gift voucher I got for my birthday) a cardigan, a vest top (that was £2 in the sale) and a dress.

7. Are you at school/college/university? What do you study?
I am at sixth form at a Catholic school. I don't like the religious aspect of the school, and the actual building is a dump. It's quite horrid. I study Art, English Language, Psychology and Applied Business. I enjoy Art the most, but recently it's been a bit of a drag as we haven't really had anything to do. I should really stop whining and do something about it, I'm thinking of going to college if I'm no happier by the end of the year.
Me and Hannah are at the same sixth form; I study English Language, Photography (which, by the way, is no where near as fun as taking photos for my own enjoyment) Psychology and Chemistry. But I'm thinking of going to college next year, carrying on English and Psychology, but taking up Textiles.

8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you choose?
I would choose, Austria, America or where I live now, as I really don't mind it at all here.
London, but only if I could afford a decent place to live! Possibly Australia, and maybe Paris for a year or two.

9. What is your favourite quote?
My favourite at the moment is, 'we were infinite' from the perks of being a wallflower :)
"Hello is the most powerful word against loneliness" by Alex Noriega, an artist whose works you can find here.

10. Do you want to be famous?
Sometimes I think it would be cool, but no I wouldn't, it would be more trouble than it was worth I think, maybe I'd like to be well-known for something that I enjoy, but not famous.
Kind of, but I wouldn't want to be too famous, so I couldn't even walk down the street. Freebies would be cool though!

11. Who is your favourite music artist/band at the moment?
My favourite band is blink-182, but I like Angus and Julia Stone quite a lot at the moment too.
Mumford and Sons, I've had them on repeat lately. I also love Arctic Monkeys.

11 random facts about me

1. I'm not sure what my favourite colour is
2. I love Italian food
3. I live on a farm
4. I play a few instruments to a low level
5. Winter is my favourite season
6. I don't really like going on holidays
7. I love Christmas
8. I haven't got any piercings
9. I love Sims
10. I love Harry Potter
11. I am such a huge worrier

Eleven random facts about me

  1. I have a love-hate relationship with my ginger hair.
  2. Company Magazine is like my bible.
  3. I'm extremely awkward around new people.
  4. I love baking
  5. I would love a job in fashion, but don't like to admit it.
  6. I'm really, really, self-conscious
  7. I love shopping
  8. I'm a nail-biter
  9. I really enjoy reading, but since I started sixth form I never have time for it!
  10. I like owning CDs, even though I only import them on to iTunes then they sit unused.
  11. I hate having dry lips.
Our 11 questions
  1. Why do you blog?
  2. Who is your best friend, and what do you like about them so much?
  3. What is your favourite item of clothing that you own?
  4. Which celebrity, dead or alive, would you most like to meet?
  5. What is top of your bucket list?
  6. What is your favourite form of travel?
  7. What is your favourite song and why?
  8. What is your favourite colour to wear, and what's your favourite colour that you don't like to wear?
  9. What is your favourite movie?
  10. What was the scariest moment of your life?
  11. What TV show would you most like to be in?
And our 11 nominees are:

5 comments:

  1. ahh thankyou both for the answers:) you two are so similar... which is probably why you're friends haha! And i like your new layout! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are similar in lots of ways, but Hannah is more artsy and our music taste is slightly different, but we do have some middle ground! Thankyou, it was all Hannah's work! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! Thanks for the award! I appreciate it! I can't guarantee when I'll get my response posted but hopefully it will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We look forward to reading it! Tweet us @Moonkissed_ when it's up! xx

      Delete
  3. ah thank you for nominating me!! Sorry it took so long to get back to this post .....oh dear..anyway, i'll do the elevn questions thing now!! (p.s. i've never heard of the liebster award hehe) (p.s.s. sorry for seemingly ignoring this!!! thank you!!)

    ReplyDelete