Sunday, 6 January 2013

My splatter art necklace

The other day I posted a tutorial that I found on PS I Made This to make a splatter art necklace, and today I made my own version.

I started out with this not unpleasant £3 necklace from Primark - the key thing to look for is something with a strong shape and something fairly flat that the paint can easily and evenly cover. I then taped over the chain and the beads that separated the triangles to minimise the amount of paint that went on to them.


Then came the fun part - flicking paint! 
I used ordainary poster paint which you can buy from Wilko's. I found that the brushes that worked best were the ones with bristly, erm, bristles, rather than the softer ones, but using a variety of brushes helps create a cool effect.



Here is the final product:


All credits for the idea and how-to go to Erica Domesek at PS I Made This.

4 comments:

  1. That's such a rad and unique DIY! Keep posting great stuff! :)

    Morgan

    www.ee2be.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Morgan! I used to make stuff quite a lot but got out of the habit thanks to all my school work haha, we'll be sure to check out your blog! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aww thankyou so much Amy!I've not worn it yet, I think I need to wear it with something plan haha xx

      Delete